Home-Based Businesses

Residents of the City of Warner Robins seeking to operate a home-based business, may apply through the Department of Community Development for a Home Occupation Business License, in accordance with Section 95 of the Zoning Ordinance.  All applications are subject for review by the Planning and Zoning Commission. 

Please note that no incomplete applications will be acceptedFor questions regarding a Home Occupation Business License Application, please contact the office of Community Development at (478)302-5517.

Per the provisions of Section 95, the following business are not allowed as Home Occupation Businesses:

95.5. Prohibited uses. The following uses shall be prohibited as home occupation:

Ambulance service.

Any type of painting, repair or assembly of vehicles or equipment with internal combustion engines (such as autos, motorcycles, marine engines, lawn mowers, chainsaws and other small engines) or large appliances (such as washing machines, dryers, and refrigerators) or any other work related to automobiles and their parts.

Eating establishments.

Funeral establishments and crematories.

Junk and salvage operations.

Massage parlors and adult uses.

Veterinary uses including grooming or boarding (except when working at clients' homes).

95.6. Other uses. Any use not listed in section 95.4 shall require a classification of use request. Such request shall address a specific use in detail and how it conforms to the standards as set forth in this ordinance. The zoning enforcement officer shall decide classification of use requests based upon the standards contained in this ordinance. Anyone aggrieved by a decision of the zoning enforcement officer on the classification of use request may appeal to the planning and zoning commission in accordance with section 114.3.