- Utility Billing & Customer Service
- Billing Information
General Information about Paying Utility Bills
- Your first bill will be received in approximately 45 days from the date services were started
- Bills are payable up to 15 days from billing date
- A 10% penalty will be added the next day after the due date
- Service is subject to disconnection 1 week after past due date, if not paid
- Delinquent re-connection per trip is a $35 service charge, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Returned payments will result in a $30 service charge and discontinuance of services until redeemed by cash, money order or credit card
- Accounts not paid 30 days after billing date will be closed. An activation fee of $65 will be required to reconnect service
- Bills may be paid at city hall
- Inside 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Drive thru window is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Night drops are located at the drive thru
- Payments dropped after 2 p.m. will be next day's business
Water and Gas
A homeowner can request temporary service for 30 days or less without paying an activation fee. This is generally for cleaning up a home prior to selling or leasing. The customer pays for actual consumption. The account is automatically set to close in 30 days. If, the service is needed for more than 30 days, the customer has to request an active account and pay activation fees. This applies to water and gas services.
Someone must be present before gas can be turned on. Your water must be on for gas to be turned on.
- $25 for water
- $45 for gas
Someone must be present for gas check. Additional charges may apply if pilots are to be lit.